Sunday, November 16, 2008

" Cherries I "
Oil
12"x12"
Private Collection
Here's an oil I did a few years ago, one of my favorites. I've been tagged by E. Floyd which means I get to reveal a few things about myself! Thank you Elizabeth...she has a wonderful blog and is a talented artist and architect. Here are the rules of engagement:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules
3. List 6 or 7 unusual things about yourself or quirky but boring, unspectacular details about yourself
4. Tag 6-7 other bloggers at the end of your post and comment on their blogs to let them know they've been tagged

Here goes:

1. I'm a birdwatcher

2. I still won't step on a crack in a sidewalk

3. I love popcorn with butter and hate to share it with anyone

4. I do remember most people from high school

5. I hate shopping but do love to buy art supplies...my closet is a disaster but my studio sublime

6. Grocery shopping is a bore but I do love to shop for just the right piece of fruit or other still life subject.

Tagging the following fellow bloggers. If I can do it so can you!

7 comments:

conor said...

Well, from someone who remembers about 6 people from high school... I think I can relate to your closet! Love the cherries - who DOESN'T love cherries? your compositions rock.

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks, Conor. Cherries are a happy fruit, most people like them and I enjoy the challenge of painting them. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Christine Mercer-Vernon said...

jennifer i am in love with these new daily paintings of yours. they seem very fresh and full of life. beautiful colors and compositions. the cherries alone would be daunting to paint, but then you added that complicated fabric...beautiful.

and thank you for the award. i'm very honored and will do my best to pass it on!!

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks Christine..you are a good sport and I'm glad you like the cherries!

ArtGirl said...

Thanks for the tag. It was fun! :-)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

oh man. The fabric is amazing. Looks like Waverly or Laura Ashley to me. Great painting.

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks, Mary. Waverly I think. I have a great stash of designer fabric samples..it doesnt' take a very big piece for these smaller paintings.