Sunday, September 14, 2008

Silver Creek, Idaho flyfishing, brown trout

" Silver Creek "
Oil
6" x 8"
This little plein air study was done at world famous Silver Creek which is 30 miles south of where I live here in Idaho. The Nature Conservancy owns much of the land preserving a very delicate habitat. Wiley brown trout are the attraction of this high altitude spring-fed creek.
I used a medium with my paint and the result was a more fluid look and feel to the finished painting.
Thanks for visiting my blog!

4 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Lots of sparkle to this piece, Jennifer. Nice.

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks, Mary. This was one of those little paintings that "painted itself". The rare one that goes as planned or envisioned. If they were all that easy I'm sure I would get bored and ask myself "why bother" and find another challenging career.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer- I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm glad I did--I'm really enjoying your paintings and all of your clean, yummy color. Love the movement in this composition, and the high horizon.

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks, Jennifer. I was up on a road overlooking this view. I'm glad you like my blog, thanks for visiting!