Saturday, December 27, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
How's this for getting off track of my daily paintings? In the near past I had a passion for making handbags and decided to open an Etsy Store to sell the remaining ones. Entirely handcrafted, leather handles, leather flowers and all. I have been sewing since I was 5, accidentaliy poked the kid sitting next to me in the face with a needle as I was embroidering! Anyway, I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing "another side" of me. I find crafting more "fun" than painting as its more about doing "busy hands, mind can wander" and not all the mental gymnastics that painting takes.
Please visit My Etsy Store
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
1. I'm a birdwatcher
2. I still won't step on a crack in a sidewalk
3. I love popcorn with butter and hate to share it with anyone
4. I do remember most people from high school
5. I hate shopping but do love to buy art supplies...my closet is a disaster but my studio sublime
6. Grocery shopping is a bore but I do love to shop for just the right piece of fruit or other still life subject.
Tagging the following fellow bloggers. If I can do it so can you!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
6" x 6"
I usually like to have all the pears standing up but this one wouldn't cooperate. Then I noticed it had a very good blossom end so I set the light to just catch the tips of those ends or whatever they are called.
I played with various plates, vases, etc. and kept coming back to this white linen napkin, very wrinkled. I've used it many times before and it's familiar to me..maybe that's what I liked. For the serrated edge on the knife, I first scratched the serrated shapes, then smudged a bit, then used the end of an orange stick (for manicures) to touch on the white highlights.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
As a recipient I am asked to perpetuate the award by doing the following. The Rules:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. Post a comment on each recipient's blog so they know they've been picked.
5. Show these rules and the paragraph (above) explaining the awards origination. To quote her description of this award: The Arte y Pico Award has arisen from the daily visits that I make to many blogs which nourish and enrich me with creativity. In them, I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain and enrich me day to day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few."
Here are my 5 picks: 1. For her amazing pencil drawings but also because her blog is a wealth of information that inspires beginners as well as seasoned artists Marsha Robinett 2. Carol Marine Her beautiful paintings and daily blog inspired me to give the daily painting blog a try.
In 30 years of being a professional artist, its the single best thing I have done to instill discipline in my work day! Thanks Carol! 3. Matt Miller I love his sense of humor, not to mention his extraordinary application of paint. No following the sheep here. 4. Taylor Lynde Fabulous plein air painter from Montana. While Taylor doesn't blog regularly his work is so inspiring and can be found on eBay. I like how he shows a black/white image so you can see the strong contrasts of light/dark in his paintings. I have one of his paintings that I enjoy daily! Check him out. 5. Last but not least, Katie May .
This young beginning artist has incredible spirit. She had the courage to jump right in, putting her paintings on a blog for the world to see. I have seen such growth in a very short period of time. She already has her own style which reflects her exhuberant personality! Go Katie!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
It was a delight and a challenge to paint these raspberries. A new subject for me. I want to do a single blow up of one so that I can really get in the detail of the translucence, like painting a grape. That translucence is a warm orange-red about a value 7. So much information to interpret. After the single large detailed study I would then venture to try a more abstract approach.