Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gerber Daisy, Mason Jar, flower

" Gerber Daisies "
Oil
6"x6"
Daily painting #116
Delicate Gerber daisies in an old pint Mason jar. I rummaged around our stash of glass jars..we make freezer jam so save all peanut butter and jam jars, plus we do some canning and have a huge assortment of canning jars. I am always surprised how the shape of the jars varies over the decades. I would think that once you have a well designed jar why change it? But, in our society it seems changes are made for the sake of change and marketing an "all, new design", etc. Keeps industrial designers in work. Thinking back over my career I often wonder what other creative fields I might have tried. Industial design would be one. I have always wanted to design a "line" of something dishes, wallpaper, fabrics, etc. So many ideas, so little time.
Click here to purchase

2 comments:

Karen Hargett said...

I love the colors and so delicate. Great job on the jar too. I love old jars - I have a couple around my house and always have my eye out when my mom does any canning to see if she has any interesting ones.

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks, Karen.
The flower was a very delicate color. I want to try one of the red ones next, without all the ruffled center petals..might be a tad easier, although I don't think any flower is easy.