Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Going Places Day 4, Leonard Wolfe

" Going Places "
Day 4
Not much time for painting today. One more goose left to block in. My paints have dried somewhat so remixed fresh colors that I needed today. I hope to get the last goose roughed in and begin the grass areas tomorrow, refine the shadows falling on the geese. Right now I want the grey goose on the left to be the center of interest. However, I won't know for certain until I have the last goose painted. It may need to be one of the white ones because of the high contrast.
No tips today. How about a favorite quote?
I've mentioned it before but I can never say it to myself often enough!
Cure for procrastination:
"You can't edit a blank page" Leonard Wolfe
Oh, and I did come across a post-it note that I have in my easel area:"
" Paint Faster!!! "

8 comments:

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Hi Jennifer,

I am loving this painting, and what captured my attention this morning are the wonderful shadow shapes on the yellow wall. Good luck with the last goose. Liz

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks, Liz. I think this painting will end up having a very sunny disposition to it.

Becky Joy said...

Nice progress on this piece. Have fun painting.

nancy said...

Hi Jennifer, I tagged you today. I love your work and check it out often!

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks, Becky. One thing and another has kept me out of the studio this week. I am anxious to finish this painting, can't wait to start the next.

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks, Nancy for the tag. I have done this tag thing twice before. I usually dread the thought of the time to follow through but end up liking the process if only to go see some of my favorite artists, see their current work and TAG them! It's all fun.

Gwen Bell said...

It has been so much fun to watch the progression of this painting. What a wonderful composition! I also always enjoy your art tips and observations.

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks, Gwen. I hope to put the final touches on it soon and post it. I'm happy to share the tips...it's all about sharing on this creative path.