Thursday, October 30, 2008

Succulents II, Hens & Chicks

" Succulents II "
Oil
34" x 48"
I checked in with Frank Gardner's blog today and he is celebrating his one year anniversay of blogging! Congrats Frank! I thought I'd better check back and see when it was I began my own blog..it was October 22, 2007! Now, I haven't met my goal of 365 paintings, no where near. However, if I hadn't set that goal I wouldn't have completed the 107 I have done ( little daily paintings, not counting larger work.) It's the best thing I have ever done for my painting. I enjoy the discipline and the satisfaction of finishing a small canvas or panel in a few hours instead of days or weeks or months on larger work. Today's post is of an older painting. I sold it last year and do miss having it in my studio. I painted it in the mid-80's when my focus was on batik, not oils. If you'd like to see some of my batik work go to my main website. Thanks for visiting!
Private Collection

No comments: